Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

Imagevue 2.7

01 Mar 2011, 12:35

Hi, I'm just curious what the new imagevue 2.7 brings us new? And also how it's going? When we will expect a beta testing version?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Imagevue 2.7

02 Mar 2011, 04:11

With every new release, including X2.6, there are new issues to sort out. That's why we released 2.6.1, 2.6.2, 2.6.3 and 2.6.4 ... New features bring new problems and news bugs on different servers. Just to give you an idea of what we have been doing, and to point out that just because we release an update, doesn't mean we get to immediately start a new version. We also spend a lot of time gathering intelligence about what we can add to new versions, how we can add it, and if it is feasible.

X2.7 is scheduled for late March, and I don't have exact details for what it will include, but we are at least thinking of dedicated horizontal menu and e-commerce.

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

02 Mar 2011, 04:38

mjau-mjau wrote:With every new release, including X2.6, there are new issues to sort out. That's why we released 2.6.1, 2.6.2, 2.6.3 and 2.6.4 ... New features bring new problems and news bugs on different servers. Just to give you an idea of what we have been doing, and to point out that just because we release an update, doesn't mean we get to immediately start a new version. We also spend a lot of time gathering intelligence about what we can add to new versions, how we can add it, and if it is feasible.

X2.7 is scheduled for late March, and I don't have exact details for what it will include, but we are at least thinking of dedicated horizontal menu and e-commerce.
Is there a possability that it will include a guestbook? And also a new html version? Is that maybe not on the radar, yet?
And maybe some new textpages features?
These are just questions, not that I want to be nosy or pushy :-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Mar 2011, 09:01

Guestbook, yes maybe. New html version, yes maybe. However, for the html version I think we want to go into depth with this at the same time as we release dedicated mobile versions, so this may be a bit too huge of a task if we want to release X2.7 this month. As you may have heard of earlier, we already have a new html version in beta, which perhaps will be the base of a new mobile version and of course an improved html version. Definitely on the radar.

New textpage features? We didn't have anything specific lined up here. Any wishes?

grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author

02 Mar 2011, 11:21

mjau-mjau wrote:Guestbook, yes maybe. New html version, yes maybe. However, for the html version I think we want to go into depth with this at the same time as we release dedicated mobile versions, so this may be a bit too huge of a task if we want to release X2.7 this month. As you may have heard of earlier, we already have a new html version in beta, which perhaps will be the base of a new mobile version and of course an improved html version. Definitely on the radar.

New textpage features? We didn't have anything specific lined up here. Any wishes?
Thanks for the quick response. And thanks for the answers. I was thinking about something like the following example shows:
http://www.flashloaded.com/flashcompone ... mple2.html
It would be good to have as many options as possible in the text-editor, an example is the image below:
editor.jpg
editor.jpg (28.3 KiB) Viewed 6506 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Mar 2011, 12:34

We were actually considering flash text editors a long time ago, but landed on a basic html editor because of the simplicity. I am a bit ambivalent to this, because Flash textfields (and therefore Imagevue text pages) are very basic text outputs that should not be over-complicated ... The more bells and whistles are bound to create inaccuracies on the frontend. I truly believe that text pages look best when styled consistently and nicely with CSS. I have never seen a textpage with heavy formatting that looks nice.

Actually, I am wondering about some of the items in that editor. For example, who with a sense of typography, would want to change font in a text page? Why would you change the letter-spacing or word-spacing for a textpage? Why would you align text to the right on a text page? These items can already be set globally through CSS. There just seems like so many buttons that just invite to bad design/typography.

I just don't see how this will help make better text pages. Just my opinion, but I appreciate your suggestion of course!

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

07 Mar 2011, 09:29

Well :) Karl just a major thumbs up from me :) yeah the guy with the pretty big gallery who is still very very happy with Imagevue
The upcoming features you mentioned for the ones I'm currently the most eager for.,

As for HTML version well you can do with it what you want if you just try. Just look up the templates and do your thing.
I must however mention that I dont use textpages that much because I integrated Imagevue into my CMS which will take care of the rest. For us it's 'just' a Gallery. (Just being not enitrly well put ... but you get the idea)

Example of how we intergated it:

HTML GALLERY SELECTION:
http://www.pfsquad.nu/page=232_PARTY_PICS_2011

FLASH GALLERY :
http://www.pfsquad.nu/page=174_PARTY_PICS_-_PFSQUAD

I had to edit some things in the templates to get it to work like this but still ... no major brainers ;)

At Karl and Pain ... Keep up the great work guys!
PFSquad : Party Freakz Online
Owner / Webmaster / Administrator / Head of Photography