Search…

deeno
Topic Author

custom sorting of images and blocking admin menus for users

14 Oct 2008, 06:23

first of all:
greaaaat job!!!

my question:
will there be a feature in v2 or near future which would allow the user/admin to sort the images the way he wants. for example, by moving an image-thumb up or down in the list via an arrow or something like that, or by grabbing it and moving it up or down between 2 others ala web2.0 style...
i mean, even a quick + dirty solution would be great, like assigning a serial numbering to each image in a folder and just changing the numbers in an input field!

that would be soooo great!!!

another question:
will there be a feature in v2 or near future which would allow the admin to block a certain menu in the backend admin-area for a certain user. for example, user john21 is allowed to access only "MANAGE", where user mary5 can access all menus except "CONFIG" and "THEMES"

again: that would be soooo great!!!

best regards, and thanks for developing such a great product!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Oct 2008, 12:11

1 - Yes, we certainly would like to add some manual sorting method both for images and folders. Perhaps in release 2.1 after we release 2.0 shortly.

2 - There are already 2 user management levels. #1 ADMIN, who can basically do anything and everything. #2 If you select RESTRICTED when creating a user, and restrict the user within a folder, this user will only be able to manage folders within the given folder restriction. This user will also not be able to edit/change themes, only "manage" files and folders.

deeno
Topic Author

15 Oct 2008, 12:14

sounds great!!! thanx!!!
any news on when we can expect a 2.0 ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Oct 2008, 12:16

Not sure if you read about today's release:
viewtopic.php?t=3241

Basically, I believe next release will be 2.0