Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

nordicstar
Topic Author

Why image button on top of page?

06 Mar 2009, 05:16

Hi,

I've set the default openning page is to show the image of the gallery one by one.

Why always the image control button is on top of screen by default? If I click "Show Thumbnails" button and then click image again, the image control button becomes in bottom of screen.

Thanks.

Priso19

11 Dec 2009, 07:18

Bonjour,

I've got the same default when i set the start mode gallery to "thumbnails" and the maincontrols buttons position to "OIBM" (Over Image Bottom Middle), margin 50.

I think that the gallery don't find a image on startup mode and can't put the maincontrols buttons over it. So by default the maincontrols buttons are on top of screen.

How can we resolve it ?

For the moment i used the start mode on "image" in Imagevue 2.1.6 in default theme but i'll prefered to have the thumbnails instead.

Thanks.
"Il y a ceux qui utilisent un Macintosh, ceux qui aimeraient bien
utiliser un Macintosh, et ceux qui ne connaissent rien de mieux."

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Dec 2009, 06:15

I have explained this earlier ... The OIBM setting was originally made for slideshow-ONLY galleries, so you could attach the buttons below the image. Obviously, they loose their tracking if the image does not exist. I could of course look into this, but why not just use the B- Bottom setting instead? Its more consistent for a user to have controls that stick, instead of moving around based on size of the image ...

Priso19

15 Dec 2009, 07:16

Thank you for this precision.

I did not find them explicitly in précedents post and it's difficult to find for what we look in your on-line documentation.

It is certainly not very difficult to verify if it's an image or thumbnails whose are displayed and put the maincontrols buttons in the right place. Maybe in the following release.

I use OIBM to optimize the place on small screen when vertical images are displayed. I win the place of the buttons when those are in the image.

Thank you for your answer.
"Il y a ceux qui utilisent un Macintosh, ceux qui aimeraient bien
utiliser un Macintosh, et ceux qui ne connaissent rien de mieux."

gadgetologist
Experienced

15 Dec 2009, 12:42

mjau-mjau wrote:I have explained this earlier ... The OIBM setting was originally made for slideshow-ONLY galleries, so you could attach the buttons below the image. Obviously, they loose their tracking if the image does not exist. I could of course look into this, but why not just use the B- Bottom setting instead? Its more consistent for a user to have controls that stick, instead of moving around based on size of the image ...
Hey, what if the team of helpers took something like this and put it in the documentation section something like this...

OIBM - OverImageBottomMiddle
Usage- Intended for slideshow-ONLY type galleries because of it's features. It is NOT optimized for all situations and may exhibit certain behaviors outside of this usage as describe below in limitations.
Limitations: blah blah

Of course this is off the top of my head without really thinking just for example, but you get the picture hopefully.

Just thought I'd run this commercial by you again... :roll:

--G