Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

zirkel
Topic Author

X2.1.0 bug

24 May 2009, 20:13

Hi

A try to uppload uppgrade, and then i found some bug, so I must load upp my the old file so my site not fall down.

1. I have make a menu, and place the list of difrent menu contens in right order, and when I uppgrade the order is inverted, then I try to adjust it in the adminmenu, but is'nt mather whatever I do there becasue it in same place whaterver I try.

2. Then I try the WYSIWIG editor for text pages, and I love it, but when I edit existing sites and save, pictures and txt disappear. I don't know if I could start from scratch and make a new txt page and then is wil be fine, because I then deside to uppload the old files and get my site upp again.
Then I see the new editor have mace som changes on my txtpages so I must replace with my old one, but not a problem I have backuped.

So, if you can tell me wy the order in the menu not are ok when I upgrade, and what I should do to fix that. Then I wil try again. And hope the problem with WYSIWIG not are there when i mace new txt sites.

tnx for your good work so fare. :)

/Jonny

gadgetologist
Experienced

Re: X2.1.0 bug

24 May 2009, 20:45

zirkel wrote:...
1. I have make a menu, and place the list of difrent menu contens in right order, and when I uppgrade the order is inverted, then I try to adjust it in the adminmenu, but is'nt mather whatever I do there becasue it in same place whaterver I try....

/Jonny
Let me tell you how I handle this issue. I like to have complete control over the order, so I have the names of the files for the menus start with a number and the title, what the user sees, without the number. For example, filenames for menu folders the users DO NOT see the following list...(this part gets typed in when you asked for the name after you click "create folder")...

0Home
1Portraits
2Favorites
3Help
4About Us
zContact Us

... the users WILL see the following list in this order... (this part goes in the title for the folders)...

Home
Portraits
Favorites
Help
About Us
Contact Us

Hope this is clear. Good luck.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 May 2009, 06:00

2. Any chance you can provide me link and login to your gallery admin? I wouldn ´t mind seeing how the new wysiwig editor is interfering with your old html code.

zirkel
Topic Author

25 May 2009, 12:29

Tnx Experience, I wil try that way out.

Karl, I wil sendt you a link when I try to uppdate again, I starting my company this days so I have to do a couple of other things before I can do it again. But I wil Sendt you inlog when I have uppgrade so you can see what happend.

My site is on the way how I want it now, www.creativision.no but I have som work before I'm finnish. :)

/Jonny

Galium
Experienced

27 May 2009, 14:14

zirkel wrote: 2. Then I try the WYSIWIG editor for text pages, and I love it, but when I edit existing sites and save, pictures and txt disappear.
Now, I'm no more alone!
Look at my posts (textpages).
Do you try with Firefox? Me, I have the problem with the editor only on IE7 or IE8.

mskuma

29 May 2009, 22:16

zirkel wrote:I try the WYSIWIG editor for text pages, and I love it, but when I edit existing sites and save, pictures and txt disappear.
I am using imagevuex2_20090522 & encountered the same issue - it's rather frustrating & annoying. If I delete all the content on the supplied sample textpage, and simply type a sentence of 20-30 chars or more, it's amost certain some latter part of the sentence is truncated. You can see this effect immediately after pressing the editor save button. Please fix it.

Galium
Experienced

30 May 2009, 01:51

With the new release 20090528, this bug with IE is not fixed for me.
The bug with the form button is fixed
I'ms sure the team will work on that; Imagevue is a great gallery.

fotografie

manual sorting

30 May 2009, 05:20

...so I have the names of the files for the menus start with a number and the title, what the user sees, without the number. For example, filenames for menu folders the users DO NOT see the following list...(this part gets typed in when you asked for the name after you click "create folder")...
This doesn't work for me unless I didn't understand you perfectly: I have already named my folders, so I rename them, putting the number at the beginning. The user sees the number too.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

31 May 2009, 15:14

You have to rename folders on disk, but you can set whatever titles you want in Imagevue Admin.

Like:

/content/1/
/content/2/

and titles 1 -> "Top Folder", 2-> "Second Folder"
firedev.com

mskuma

01 Jun 2009, 07:54

Let's please not forget a fix for the broken text editor in the admin part. It's so bad, I have to hide my About page because the editor produces an embarrassing mess. It's unacceptable - please repair the editor ASAP.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

01 Jun 2009, 10:14

Have to admit wysiwig fix was a little bit premature, must be because of upcoming weekend. Just re-uploaded .zip, please try again.

Files changed:

v2/imagevue/admin/templates/index.index.phtml
v2/imagevue/javascript/yui/iveditor.js
firedev.com

Galium
Experienced

01 Jun 2009, 11:39

I uploaded all your new version in a separate folder on my server.
What I can say, with IE:
- in admin, always no button (folder upload) upload file, only the button cancel upload. To refresh the page change nothing, no button.
- for the textpage, when I save it, now I see (admin logout) in the browser the text and links, but not the image included. It's a little better.

All is OK with Firefox.

For me, it's not fixed (only one point seems fixed).

PS: before the wysiwig editor, all was perfect! If we cann't use the button for upload the files, it's very bad.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

01 Jun 2009, 11:51

Well it does work in IE8 here both upload and editor, could you please provide a link to you gallery?

firedev.com

Galium
Experienced

01 Jun 2009, 12:00

I sent you a private message with the link of the gallery test and for the admin.

Galium
Experienced

01 Jun 2009, 12:06

IE

Firefox

IE