Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Galium
Experienced
Topic Author

Button upload

03 Jun 2009, 08:35

Pain: but sometimes button dissapears, not sure yet how to resolve this.
And why the button disappears, please? And why, before the new editor, there was no problem with this button?

If I use the html for upload, it's OK.

It's very strange that you close a topic when I write a problem. Thanks!
Do you think I dream?
I paid for this software and, at less, you could hear the users who have problems on 3 or 4 differents PC. So this problem can produce on other PC than mine.
I will check it again at home of some friends and will write again after.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Jun 2009, 11:49

I don ´t think anything has changed with the upload button in regards to the wysiwig text editor. Apparently, the upload button never worked properly for IE8. Perhaps you have updated IE lately ...

Anyway, I have sent you a PM. Also, keep in mind we are working to get things work with the somewhat "abnormal" standards introduced with IE8.

Galium
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Jun 2009, 11:59

I just come back from the home of two friends: no button upload as me.
I asked also to my three children with different PC in different locations: no button upload as me.
All logged in the admin of the gallery test.

We are in France...perhaps a french problem :D?

Good luck for your work, but it will be better that works fine: and I consider right to inform you of true problems; as said my system works fine with never problems.
I hope you will understand all my propose.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Jun 2009, 12:08

well, we got 100s of users... so certainly can ´t be a global issue. Whats the link to your admin - Can I take a look? ... ALL your friends are on IE8? Unfortunately I don ´t have a PC here right now(on macbook) so can ´t do any sufficient testing right now ...

Can anyone else confirm missing "upload" button in IE8?

gadgetologist
Experienced

03 Jun 2009, 12:19

mjau-mjau wrote:well, we got 100s of users... so certainly can ´t be a global issue. Whats the link to your admin - Can I take a look? ... ALL your friends are on IE8? Unfortunately I don ´t have a PC here right now(on macbook) so can ´t do any sufficient testing right now ...

Can anyone else confirm missing "upload" button in IE8?
I'd be happy to. I haven't been able to follow this problem. But I could not keep track of this one for various reasons.

--G

Galium
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Jun 2009, 12:25

To mjau-mjau: I answered to your private message with a private message: please read it!
Can you test on a PC?
Perhaps the problem could not exist for all, but it exists on all PC of my friends (IE8 and some IE7). And, for all, no problem with Firefox.

You are the developper, not me; all I can do, it's to inform what I see, with a "very good PC".
You have already fixed bugs (button contactform by example): is was not a dream...
Good luck and keep your software "excellent" as always.
Last edited by Galium on 03 Jun 2009, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

markam24
Experienced

03 Jun 2009, 12:26

Why not use and FTP client (like Filezilla, it's free) to upload images?

The upload button errors out for me in Safari on Mac. But honestly I don't see that as a huge loss. FTP works fine -;)

gadgetologist
Experienced

03 Jun 2009, 12:57

For what it is worth, I have confirmed that the upload button is missing in IE8.

In fact, I have checked the previous version which I have been using since starting (2.1) and it exhibits the same problem. Never saw it... use FTP stuff and FF mostly anyway. :shock: Yikes!

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

04 Jun 2009, 06:44

We aren't trying to tell that the problem is non-existant, IE8 is relatively new for us, and as usual Microsoft did their best to make our lives more miserable.

We admit that there is a problem with IE8 and unfortunately if I knew an easy fix for this, it would be already released.

Deeply sorry for unsatisfactional IE8 experince, please be patient till we find a way to resolve it.

Meanwhile, you can always use Firefox (and frankly, better stick to it)
firedev.com

Galium
Experienced
Topic Author

04 Jun 2009, 08:25

Code
We aren't trying to tell that the problem is non-existant
Thanks for your answer, it's all I wished to hear. Good work and this don't take off nothing to the Imagevue quality.