Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ohzaru
Topic Author

html integration

17 Jun 2009, 05:00

Hello!

Before purchasing the license I would like to assure you of some details.

I can not find any documentation on how to integrate imagevuex with the rest of my website, however I have seen some examples.

I found the forum would be possible to modify the template index_image.phtml.
Or it would be best to use the imagevue2.swf directly into my web page?

That differences at the level of integration, management and SEO exist between the 2 methods?

2 Other issues:
It is possible to have transparent background in the gallery so that you will find they already have on the web?

You can change the location the drop-down menu? I like to put it centered vertically.

Sorry for my english :roll:
thanks and best regards.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Jun 2009, 05:10

To integrate Imagevue X2 into a custom website, for instance your web page design, you should simply embed the SWF file. We provide an example file in the download:
https://www.photo.gallery/soda/index_example.html

You should use the embed method provided in the link above.

After successfully embedding the gallery, there is not much difference to the original gallery. Not in terms of SEO nor in terms of management, as it is still managed from the imagevue admin. The only difference is that you will have less space/margins in the gallery since you are embedding it into a smaller area, instead of allowing it to use 100% stage size.

I don ´t think you can use a transparent background. This would cause problems in some galleries, and cause the flash to run slower anyway. Not recommended. Also, the dropdown menu location can not be changed unfortunately, although it be styled.

ohzaru
Topic Author

18 Jun 2009, 07:42

thanks for the info, I will try.

I just purchased the license. I hope I can show you the website shortly.

Thanks and best regards.

Jonzinator
Experienced

05 Jul 2009, 06:04

I see the example but I dont understand how it shows me where to or how to intergrate my gallery. Is there a more detailed process for this intergration? I am using Dreamweaver.

Thanks for the info.

Troy

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Jul 2009, 09:40

Jonzinator wrote:I see the example but I dont understand how it shows me where to or how to intergrate my gallery. Is there a more detailed process for this intergration? I am using Dreamweaver.
Basically, Imagevue is a single SWF file, and simply speaking, you only need to embed the SWF into your custom document like you would embed any other SWF or even IMAGE. The layout is entirely up to you, but you should use that example to see the technical side of HOW the SWF is embedded correctly.