Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

gfavchi
Topic Author

EXIF metadata issue

18 Aug 2009, 16:04

Hi,

I just purchased your software and I am very impressed! It looks and works really nice. :D

I notice a new feature is to display the EXIF data if it is supplied with the image file. I also Reviewed the tech article "using EXIF metadata".

The version of Imagevue software I downloaded has several of the EXIF tags turned on which caused the metadata to display when the cursor goes over the image.

For now I do not want any metadata to display and want to know the easiest way to stop the display. Do I go into the ivExifParser.class.php and comment them all out?
or is there a better way? (I prefer not to delete all the EXIF files in case in the future I want to use this feature)

Thanks
George
www.gfavalephotography.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Aug 2009, 01:00

Yes, you dont need to disable or edit the EXIF files ... Just go to admin -> settings -> image.text.text2.enabled ... disable it! This is the "text2" textblock element which is by default set up to display EXIF on rollover.

mwr
Experienced

09 Sep 2009, 23:24

I have the opposite problem. I've set text2 to enabled, and tried both rollover and (currently) imageinfo_button and neither worked (no info button visible), both for my gallery and the supplied galleries.

http://ruthvenphotos.com/gallery/#/cont ... Valley2009

Any ideas?
mjau-mjau wrote:Yes, you dont need to disable or edit the EXIF files ... Just go to admin -> settings -> image.text.text2.enabled ... disable it! This is the "text2" textblock element which is by default set up to display EXIF on rollover.