Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

alberto
Experienced
Topic Author

problems with arial font

18 Nov 2009, 12:05

1-I think I set "arial" for all my gallery, but actually it is not. where is the mistake?
2- I have a pc and the main menu titles seem to be arial, but with mac all the writings in the gallery are times new roman .
3- how can I delete the writing "start" in my homepage
4- in the main menu the writing reportage and travel ( the two with subfolders)are not aligned
5- I want the bottons in the main menu to be completely trasparent, I just want to see the writing. how can I do?

thanks a lot
a.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Nov 2009, 09:40

1. In your CSS you have mixed "Arial" with uppercase A and "arial" with lowercase "a". I am not sure if some browsers may translate this correctly into "Arial", but it certainly doesnt work for all browsers. Also, you dont need to specify "Arial" in all your classes, only the BODY class usually(unless you are using several different fonts in your theme).

2. See answer #1

3. To remove "start", go to admin -> settings -> modules.filemod.text, and disable this option.

4. The are not aligned, because they have subfolders and they are set to originally have a character in front. How can the visitor see they have subfolders if they look just like the others?

5. You can go to your admin -> themes -> edit your theme -> mainmenu, and you will find lots of settings for the menu background and menu item background. However, if you remove these colors, the text will not look nice when an image displays beneath it, so not sure why you would want to do that...

alberto
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Nov 2009, 11:35

mjau-mjau wrote:1. In your CSS you have mixed "Arial" with uppercase A and "arial" with lowercase "a". I am not sure if some browsers may translate this correctly into "Arial", but it certainly doesnt work for all browsers. Also, you dont need to specify "Arial" in all your classes, only the BODY class usually(unless you are using several different fonts in your theme).

perfect with mac too, I had to fix one ";" here and one "." there
thanks

2. See answer #1

3. To remove "start", go to admin -> settings -> modules.filemod.text, and disable this option.
4. The are not aligned, because they have subfolders and they are set to originally have a character in front. How can the visitor see they have subfolders if they look just like the others?
I don't think visitors has to know in advanced if there are subfolders or not, they can check and find it out. I would prefer to see them perfectly aligned.that's it

5. You can go to your admin -> themes -> edit your theme -> mainmenu, and you will find lots of settings for the menu background and menu item background. However, if you remove these colors, the text will not look nice when an image displays beneath it, so not sure why you would want to do that...
thanks .all the settings to 1 and it works. and I did want it and looks better than before. for me of course

alberto
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Nov 2009, 17:43

1-I don't think visitors has to know in advanced if there are subfolders or not, they can check and find it out. I would prefer to see them perfectly aligned. it is possible ti have them perfectly aligned?
2- the color as well is different. is possible to make it exactly the same?
it disappeared, now reappeared , still modules.filemod.text is disabled.

thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Nov 2009, 09:34

alberto wrote:1-I don't think visitors has to know in advanced if there are subfolders or not, they can check and find it out. I would prefer to see them perfectly aligned. it is possible ti have them perfectly aligned?
2- the color as well is different. is possible to make it exactly the same?
Unfortunately, this is just how Imagevue was made, to display + icons to display subfolders. If you remove them with CSS, that is just a workaround - You could try some workarounds in CSS by increasing the text-indent of the other menu items, so they may seem they are on level.
it disappeared, now reappeared , still modules.filemod.text is disabled.
Well, this is a textpage you are now using now. The filemod settings has no effect on textpages. I want to ask: Why are you using your own title in the textpage, instead of the default TITLE displaying(that you now want to remove). You are making it very difficult.

Anyway, you can remove that title by setting in the CSS:
Code
.textpage_title{
display: none;
}
Just keep in mind, that will hide titles for ALL textpages, so you have to be consistent of course.

alberto
Experienced
Topic Author

21 Nov 2009, 11:46

Well, this is a textpage you are now using now. The filemod settings has no effect on textpages. I want to ask: Why are you using your own title in the textpage, instead of the default TITLE displaying(that you now want to remove). You are making it very difficult.
because as you can see I wanted the title to be with two colors , red and black, and I guess this was the only way , am I right or wrong?

Unfortunately, this is just how Imagevue was made, to display + icons to display subfolders. If you remove them with CSS, that is just a workaround - You could try some workarounds in CSS by increasing the text-indent of the other menu items, so they may seem they are on level.
can I increase the text indent of a single menu item ex. "portrait"?
what about the color, should it stay different comapares with menu items without subfolder?
thanks
a.
a.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 Nov 2009, 22:53

alberto wrote:because as you can see I wanted the title to be with two colors , red and black, and I guess this was the only way , am I right or wrong
You are right, but you should also understand that you cant just pull everything apart and put it together your way. Like I said, you can disable the default title, but then it will not be available for other textpages...

Regarding text indent, no you cant change it for a single item, you can change it for groups like empty_folders, folders_with_subfolders etc. Color? thats upto you...

jckpalmer

14 Jan 2010, 10:14

mjau-mjau wrote:You are right, but you should also understand that you cant just pull everything apart and put it together your way.
Come come now Karl, you can do what you like surely, but I think what you meant was if it's beyond the scope of the software, don't expect the help doing it.

There's nothing stopping you ripping the site to bits, just be careful, make lots of version changes / saves and document your way to the final product.

Also and more importantly don't expect help from the busy developers when you mess things up beyond your ability to repair it. You want to embark on the journey of 100% customization, be aware it's a long and arduous one.

Good luck to you.