Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

jar3d
Topic Author

future features?

18 Feb 2010, 13:08

There are a couple features I would like updates on as to when if ever we can expect them. Or maybe they are already available options and I'm just unable to find them. I know you're working on a bunch of new things and I've been checking in for months for these features to be released.

1. Seperate Background image and Logo image? I've found very many posts requesting this, and tried finding a solution to it myself but I'm not as talented a programmer as is required to hack a fix.

2. A blog and guestbook inside imagevue? I dont know how complicated a blog feature would be, but the guest book I've actually seen done a few times while searching these forums. Though I cant find how to do it.

3. A Flash Video page (Not in Gallery Format). This I know there is way to do somehow with a filemod or something, but I couldnt get it working and loading fully. I was able to get the loading bar a few times but never successful.

check out my site for an example of my issue. The "Reel" page is an example of what I dont want to have to do: http://www.jar3d.net

4. Text page alignment fixes? It's really hard to line up text into collums. Tabs dont seem to do the trick. How can work around this! I tried an HTML table but i don't think there is support for that.

That's it. I'm done! The rest is great and I absolutely love Imagevue. Any advice or links to work-arounds would be greatly appreciated. Hope I posted in the right place.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: future features?

19 Feb 2010, 04:05

jar3d wrote:1. Seperate Background image and Logo image? I've found very many posts requesting this, and tried finding a solution to it myself but I'm not as talented a programmer as is required to hack a fix.
Agreed ... The only reason we havent integrated this earlier, is that I may have to change the theme structure to enable this.
jar3d wrote:2. A blog and guestbook inside imagevue? I dont know how complicated a blog feature would be, but the guest book I've actually seen done a few times while searching these forums. Though I cant find how to do it.
We already plan to integrate a basic guestbook ... As for a "blog", I think imagevue is very poor suited for a blog in its traditional sense. Maybe, we could consider some easier/improved solution for adding "news/updates" in a textpage, but we think Imagevue simply is a bad platform for traditional "longer" blog posts ...
jar3d wrote:3. A Flash Video page (Not in Gallery Format). This I know there is way to do somehow with a filemod or something, but I couldnt get it working and loading fully. I was able to get the loading bar a few times but never successful.
You mean load a video to display for example on a startpage, or as a filemod? This is already in my list ... We need to add an FLV player to intercept FLV files loaded through the filemod method.

I checked your "reel" page, and it looks quite good ... but obviously it has forced you to set startmode=image ...
jar3d wrote:4. Text page alignment fixes? It's really hard to line up text into collums. Tabs dont seem to do the trick. How can work around this! I tried an HTML table but i don't think there is support for that.
Unfortunately, this is an area where we simply don't have much control. The simple fact here is that a flash textfield is a flash textfield, and we can't really change the functionality of a flash textfield. They have support for some basic html tags, mostly for text formatting. Additionally, they are sometimes hard to work with just because they choose to display the html on their own terms - They are obviously not modern browsers, and unfortunately we don't have any vote in how they display text/images.