Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

kmunroe
Topic Author

Error: script in movie causing Flash Player to run slowly...

03 Apr 2010, 23:51

All of a sudden I am getting this error on all folders of type "folder", text pages work fine:

"A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"

...and the folder never opens.

Has anybody encountered this and/or know what may be causing it?

carter2
Experienced

05 Apr 2010, 06:49

I was getting this but only with firefox and only on certain sites. Never happened in IV though. Seems to sort itself itself after a few days.
I never bothered looking into why it was happening though. ??

SofTones
Experienced

05 Apr 2010, 08:25

You are probably using Flash Player 10, which is riddled with bugs.. it crashes on me quite often, but Adobe insists I upgrade to 10 if I remove it..

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Error: script in movie causing Flash Player to run slowl

05 Apr 2010, 09:37

kmunroe wrote:All of a sudden I am getting this error on all folders of type "folder", text pages work fine:

"A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"

...and the folder never opens.

Has anybody encountered this and/or know what may be causing it?
I have experienced this before related to the following: Either your thumbnails are too big to even display one on a single page, or you have changed some thumbnails margin settings so there is not room for 1 thumbnail on a single page. This leads Imagevue to try to calculate how many pages it needs to display X images with zero images per page (meaning unlimited).

A link, and we could check ...