Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

gadgetologist
Experienced
Topic Author

swf GETurl Firefox vs IE : Don't overlook the bug please.

13 May 2010, 17:13

Checked out the previous thread where the user gave up and solved it using JS instead. That doesn't resolve the bug.

getURL('asfunction:_root.link,#/content/welcome/');

Firefox works fine IE doesn't... the page doesn't change, but until refresh is pressed.

I haven't been here for a while, but I have to fix this problem. The Gallery is unhappy. I would appreciate some guidance.

And if I did something incorrectly, please point it out of course.

--G

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 May 2010, 02:49

What version re you using? I thought we solved this ... Also, where exactly are you adding that code? That code was not meant to be used, but generally how imagevue translates the normal links like href="#/content/path/" ...

gadgetologist
Experienced
Topic Author

15 May 2010, 03:50

mjau-mjau wrote:What version re you using? I thought we solved this ... Also, where exactly are you adding that code? That code was not meant to be used, but generally how imagevue translates the normal links like href="#/content/path/" ...
Version "Imagevue 2.1.7.2", IE 8

getURL is being used in the swf file.

So, if it is not meant to be used what am I supposed to use.

How about this...

button.onRelease = function(){
_root.link("#/content/welcome/");
}

Well that gives the same results.

This was discussed back in Feb ( here viewtopic.php?p=21502#21502) but it never concluded.

Now what? I'm stuck.

--G

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 May 2010, 04:49

ok, first of all I was not entirely aware that you were running these commands from an external SWF. There may be some complications regarding this, although at first thought I can not see why.

Are you saying that internal links does not work for you in IE8? Because in my tests here in IE8 they work fine on the demo page:
https://www.photo.gallery/soda/#/content/l_V ... ges/links/

gadgetologist
Experienced
Topic Author

20 May 2010, 12:45

Interesting... I never said it was related to text pages.I even gave a link to make it easier for background info. After posting this a week ago I would have thought we would be past this point.

So, for clarification, it's in the background where you press on the logo or address and it takes you to the home or welcome page. nothing grand or complicated.

--G(ee)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 May 2010, 09:51

Do you have a link to your gallery with this background? It works in other browsers but not IE8? If so, it seems like for some reason your ASfunction geturl call is not able to access the specified function in Imagevue ...

gadgetologist
Experienced
Topic Author

24 May 2010, 12:40

sent link in PM, just click on the logo.... thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 May 2010, 06:22

I checked your gallery in IE, and can confirm your custom button is not working. However, I noticed you have a mistake in your original code:
Code
getURL('asfunction:_root.link,#/content/welcome/'); 
When using this ASfunction method, you do not use the # character, as this is specifically for the SWFAddress method.

Also, looking this over again, it occurred to me that I don't think you can use this for getURL. The flash-native ASfunction is meant to be triggered from text links in textfields (<a> tags).

For my original examples of this code, I have:
Code
<a href="asfunction:_root.link,content/folder/">link</a>
<a href="asfunction:_root.link,content/folder/image.jpg/">link</a>
So for your button, instead of using the getURL command, please simply try this in your button:
Code
_root.link("content/welcome/");
Optionally, you could create the link from a textfield html tag and use the same as in my original example.

I think this should sort it out!

gadgetologist
Experienced
Topic Author

25 May 2010, 10:22

Thanks! Will do and report back.