Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

er1ck
Topic Author

Feature: Seach option

24 Nov 2010, 07:41

Hi, is it possible to place a 'search' bar in the menu? I just read a site about google analytics, they state that its very usefull to have a search option to find out what people are looking for on your site. I cant really find the searchoption in imagevue (not in the program nor in the forums).

Kind regards,

Erik

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Feature: Seach option

24 Nov 2010, 12:05

A search option is useful if your visitors need it ... Also, I think think the post you are referring to may be more oriented towards blogs with textual content and posts.

What is the visitor gonna search for in your gallery? A specific motive in a picture? Dont you think they will just be browsing around your gallery enjoying the photos?

Also, if you do figure out that they for example search for "bird", what are you gonna use this knowledge for?

Imagevue is a showcase- portfolio style gallery for presenting and promoting pictures. A search function may be useful if your visitors need it, but I don't see why you would want to crowd it into your website for the sake of trying to figure out "what your visitors are searching for" ...

er1ck
Topic Author

26 Nov 2010, 04:24

I still think you make a general mistake by seeing your site only as a imagegallery tool. Your site can be so much better if you improve the textpages, blogging options, etc.. check www.nnarch.nl

i know its not being used as you think it should, but i think imagevuex can be so much more than just this. (im not referring to my email which i send you 6 months ago with the request for a textpage/gallery combination as an extra 'pagetype'.)

Anyways your still doing an awesome job, but try to think bigger! :D

markam24
Experienced

26 Nov 2010, 14:29

I couldn't disagree more in terms of blogging. Traditional blogging software is structured to automatically feature new posts while retaining a structured history which falls further in the background as time passes, remaining accessible by readers and search engines without cluttering the menus.

I could barely touch the surface in one post the reasons why traditional blogging software (such as WP) runs circles around IV in terms of SEO.

Imagevue does wrap up very nicely in WP though, as a full page. But using IV for for blogging, you are basically shooting yourself in to foot in terms of SEO. Google your site and you will find none of your HTML "Nieuws overzicht" content or HTML Image Pages are being indexed.

For Optimal SEO, IV works best either embedded or being fed by a separate blog or sharing site. I love my IV gallery. But that's what it is...an image gallery.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 Nov 2010, 03:23

... image gallery / showcase / portfolio / presentation website ... In my opinion, Imagevue will not match blogs or websites focused on extensive text/information. Imagevue is best used where the text-information is kept at a minimal, and the focus is on displaying pictures in some fashion.

We are thinking of releasing an Imagevue Wordpress gallery-plugin, but this will be complimentary to Wordpress itself ofcourse.