Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Trax
Experienced
Topic Author

Does not load "completely" in a frame - In Chrome and Safari

04 May 2011, 07:52

I made this website and I show the imagevue slideshow on top of it. Just a div that holds an iframe I make visible and invisible with the use of some simple javascript. Now, this is working fantastic in IE and FF but it does not show the thumbs in Chrome and Safari. It loads the background image, I see the rotating preloader but then the thumbs don't show up. Even when I right click, I get the menu (next pic, previous pic, contact us, ...) But why is the rest not showing? It looks like it just stopped loading... This is terrible! Why is it working in IE and FF but not in Chrome and Safari?

Another thing. I disabled the main menu, but if I enable it and just press the button everything works fine in all browsers, but I don't want to use the main menu, it has to start right away.

Btw: it also quickly flashes a white screen in Chrome and Safari.

Work in progress: http://test3.imaxxserver.be/caratt/

(Click on men's fashion on the left -> collection)

Many thanks in advance!

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: Does not load "completely" in a frame - In Chrome and Sa

05 May 2011, 00:11

Just check in Safari, looks ok, except that threre are no thumbnails. Did you try to open it from another computer?
firedev.com

Trax
Experienced
Topic Author

05 May 2011, 03:48

That's the problem. There are thumbs everywhere. They just don't show up in Safari and Chrome, but they do (as it should) in IE and FF.

Don't know why Safari and Chrome hides them... :(

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 May 2011, 06:28

Trax wrote:Work in progress: http://test3.imaxxserver.be/caratt/
I looked into this, and seems it is related to your subdomain and remote embedding ... It is trying to load the thumbnail like this with double-slash//:
http://www.caratt.be/mshop//content/sho ... 0034%2Ejpg
The above link might not load the image properly from all browsers from Flash..

This will most likely fix itself once you move to production server where the imagevue.swf is in the same location as your URL. If not, I will look further into it, but I am not available until Monday.

Trax
Experienced
Topic Author

05 May 2011, 08:23

I will try this right away, thank you so much for all the help!

Trax
Experienced
Topic Author

06 May 2011, 07:55

Moving it all to the same location does not help.

I discovered that if you don't use the latest flash player version it doens't even work in IE. I use 10.2.159.1 and that's ok, but everything else not.

Also, if I enable the main menu and click it, the thumbs do load and everything works perfect.

Any way to fake clicking the folder in the main menu? Can I trigger that function somehow?

www.caratt.be

Damn!

Thanks in advance!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 May 2011, 23:45

How are you loading your Imagevue folders from actionscript? Can you paste the line of code?

I'm pretty sure this is related to double-slashes, and that we can fix this. I am currently out of office until Monday, so I am not able test sufficiently until then.