Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Nick85
Experienced
Topic Author

Streaming videos trick

22 May 2011, 09:58

Searching the forum I dont find the way how to show the streaming video in flv format in gallery from any server.
But I found the decision and i want to share with you.
1) Create a "new folder" in admin panel.
2) Upload an empty file with filename yourtitle.flv
3) Create ".htaccess" named file in your "new folder" from ftp-client
and add this
Redirect 301 /content/your/folders/structure/new folder/yourtitle.flv http://streamingserveraddress.com/filename.flv
4) open your gallery and go to your/folders/structure/new folder from menu
and you will see a streaing video.
Also it will be useful to add parameters from iv-admin to your "new folder"
settings.startmode=image&thumbnails.thumbnailscroller.enabled=false&controls.maincontrols.enabled=false
&image.imagebuttons.enabled=true&image.closebutton.enabled=true

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Streaming videos trick

22 May 2011, 10:47

Wow, nice trick! Maybe we can build upon this, as we did have some vague ideas about "virtual files" linking for example to external videos ...

Dorus

22 May 2011, 11:19

A solution for streaming video's is exactly what i'm looking for! Does this also work for linking youtube video's to your gallery?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 May 2011, 02:17

Dorus wrote:A solution for streaming video's is exactly what i'm looking for! Does this also work for linking youtube video's to your gallery?
I would assume this might work, as long as you can get the direct FLV link to a youtube video. I think we will integrate this in a more elegant fashion probably for Imagevue X2.8, so that you just set up a "virtual file" and then add the link to the FLV in parameters ... But this will not be available immediately.