Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

1abild

Re: php error with php 5.3.1

11 May 2012, 13:35

Nick wrote:
1abild wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDFOREACH in \imagevue28\iv-includes\templates\mobile\index.html.phtml on line 145
Sorry, but there are not syntax errors in this file. Did you try to upload it again? Or I could take a look if you would provide an ftp login to your site.

Artur: Thanks for reporting this, we'll take care of the problem.
Nick, I figured out the culprit: my php.ini had short_open_tag set to 'off'. Setting it to 'on' solved the unexpected T_ENDFOREACH.

- franz

grimurnet
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

11 May 2012, 13:48

my theme doesn't work in 2.8 beta. I copied the folder from 2.7 version into iv-config/themes folder, but it doesn't work.
Is there a way to make it work?

alexhenes
Experienced

11 May 2012, 22:11

Nick wrote
1abild wrote
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDFOREACH in \imagevue28\iv-includes\templates\mobile\index.html.phtml on line 145

Sorry, but there are not syntax errors in this file. Did you try to upload it again? Or I could take a look if you would provide an ftp login to your site.

Artur: Thanks for reporting this, we'll take care of the problem.

Nick, I figured out the culprit: my php.ini had short_open_tag set to 'off'. Setting it to 'on' solved the unexpected T_ENDFOREACH.
I had the same error... and changed short_open_tag set to 'on' ... works perfectly now... nice find Franz... I never would have known :-)
Last edited by alexhenes on 13 May 2012, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

alexhenes
Experienced

11 May 2012, 23:47

Fantastic first mobile release... you are definitely headed in the right direction!

Here is some feedback...

I am using a droid... htc incredible... at http://www.merelyafleshwound.com

A. HTC Incredible

1. the global header image looks great on phone in portrait mode. on tablet most people use landscape mode... and the global header image takes up too much screen real estate. Is there any way to scale the image relative to size of a menu item or something like that?

2. The screen seems to flash a lot when initially loading the site. also seems to flash a lot when navigating folders

3. When I touch the center of an image I get the comment and filename for the image. If you touch the edges of the image the image scrolls. Kinda confusing for the user. The behavior is not consistent. I am not of fan of the arrows on the image... would prefer just swiping.

4. Sometimes the screen just goes black. Some examples include...

a. When I swipe to advance the picture. The screen goes black instead of getting next image.
b. When I select a folder. The screen goes black instead of loading the thumbnails.

5. When I click on a deep link url from an email I get an message that reads... "Error Loading Page". The url I am using is...

http://www.merelyafleshwound.com/#/kaya ... e%20creek/

The url works on a PC.

Deep link urls from an email are very important to me because I email deep links to folders and people click on them from their phones and tabs.

6. When I use my fingers to zoom into the picture then move the picture around... it doesn't work very well. The image moves to weird places on the screen. It is hard to get the image back to where it should be. Can't move the picture around when it is zoomed. Sometimes it goes to the next image instead of zooming. Sometimes it locks up on an image.

7. When I attempt to share to facebook I get a facebook login screen that is in French. Would like the English page.

B. Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (this is feedback from a friend... I didn't see it first hand)

1. In landscape mode the touch on the picture to bring up caption and file name is inconsistent. Sometimes it works and sometimes nothing happens. Have to touch the picture 4-5 times to get the caption to come up.

2. Seems to behave better in portrait mode vs. landscape mode. Landscape is most common for tabs... portrait most common for phones.

Thanks
Alex
Alex

GeoPal
Experienced

12 May 2012, 01:47

2. The screen seems to flash a lot when initially loading the site. also seems to flash a lot when navigating folders
Yes I get that too and I hope this can be fixed, also Android

sebster4

12 May 2012, 09:23

Hi,

upgraded today and almost everything seems to work fine so far (except the power pack) - great and thanks!

I found these issues:
Deep links don't work. Whenever I try to open a deep link to one of my pages I get an error - the page doesn't come up at all.

Many times the wrong thumbnails are being shown in the thumbnail view (usually thumbnails from another folder). When you click on the thumbnail the correct picture is being shown. That's a strange error, seems to be an issue with caching or something, I don't know, but it happens very often on my iPad2. I already cleared the cache of Safari, but it didn't help.

One feature request I do have because I got used to it on the iPad from other tools and apps (e.g. the 500px iPad app):
When you want to leave the full screen view this should not only be possible with the back button (actually you have to press two times, one time to see the button and then one more time to get back to the thumbnails view) but also using the "two fingers technique" to zoom out - would be great if you could add that!

Thanks and best regards
Sebastian

alexhenes
Experienced

13 May 2012, 10:46

I have been playing with the site a bit more... here are a couple additional items...

1. Although I have the thumbnail columns set to 3... every now and then I will get 6... with super small thumbnails. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not... but I changed the thumbnail size and the size of the thumbnail area on my Flash site since loading 2.8.

2. On my site I have a number of menu items that are links to pdf documents. The open on the flash site but gt a Not Found The requested URL /content/pdf/content/pdf/golbal telephoney article.pdf was not found. In this message the path to the file is incorrect... lists content/pdf twice. The link to the file is as follows:

http://www.merelyafleshwound.com/conten ... rticle.pdf

3. On the main page the area that I would think represent the toolbar title displays the name of my site... which gets truncated. It would be nice if the main page was consistent with the deeper page and displayed the value of toolbar title here.

Again... nice job on the site... I am having fun playing with it. I am now trying to talk my wife into getting an iPad... ha!
Last edited by alexhenes on 13 May 2012, 23:11, edited 2 times in total.
Alex

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

13 May 2012, 11:16

alexhenes wrote:(...) I am now trying to talk my wife into getting an iPad... ha!
Watch out, speaking with wife about a new men-toy from home budget, You can end up like on yours avatar :lol:

alexhenes
Experienced

13 May 2012, 19:23

So I went to Best Buy today to look at tablets... didn't buy one because I don't want to look like my avatar... but.... I did look at my site on both the Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 and the iPad 3.

Didn't notice the screen flashing on either tablet.

Scrolling image to image seemed much smoother than it did on my HTC Incredible.

All in all the performance and general behavior of the site was better on the tablets. Maybe the faster processor/screen refresh helps.
Alex

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

14 May 2012, 06:51

globetrotter wrote:The picture on my 'home' textpage doesn't show up anymore in the flash version.
But in the mobile version it does works correctly.
For some reason, your gallery is loading http://www.globetrotternet.nl/http://ww ... s/info.jpg ... I am no sure how this has changed since last release, but I have nevertheless added a fix for it next time we update the beta.

If you want to fix it immediately, simply go to your textpage in the admin and change from an absolute path to relative path:
content/Home/plaatjes/info.jpg
grimurnet wrote:my theme doesn't work in 2.8 beta. I copied the folder from 2.7 version into iv-config/themes folder, but it doesn't work.
Doesnt work in what way? got a link?
alexhenes wrote:1. the global header image looks great on phone in portrait mode. on tablet most people use landscape mode... and the global header image takes up too much screen real estate. Is there any way to scale the image relative to size of a menu item or something like that?
First of all, you can add the global header and start header at any sizes you want. On porttrait mode, if they are gonna go from side-to-side, obviously they will take more space vertically also. Scale the image relative to size of menu? I am not quite sure what you mean here ... If we scale the image horizontally, then obviously it will need to scale vertically also, unless you want incorrect aspect on the image (and this you dont want). The only other option, would beto crop it, but that seems a bit silly, loading a large image and cropping it. Personally I dont see a huge problem here ... If you do own an ipad, and are greeted with a nice large intro image that almost spans the entire height of screen, then it looks nice and it is pretty natural to scroll further down to see whats going on ... The only reason why headers on other websites are smaller, is because the entire page is truncated ...

I suggest you just use a slimmer heading perhaps ... I dont see this as a problem, as its an "intro image". If you dont want it, just use a slim global image and skip the start image.
alexhenes wrote:2. The screen seems to flash a lot when initially loading the site. also seems to flash a lot when navigating folders
Android? We will follow this, although most important is that it works of course. The framework is JQueryMobile, and transitions may be a bit dodgy.
alexhenes wrote:3. When I touch the center of an image I get the comment and filename for the image. If you touch the edges of the image the image scrolls. Kinda confusing for the user. The behavior is not consistent. I am not of fan of the arrows on the image... would prefer just swiping.
I am not sure how this is not consistent? Its like that for all images. Besides, it only goes to next image when you touch edge of screen when the navigation arrows are available. It does not go to next image if you just click side of screen ... First the interface needs to be visible. We would also prefer ONLY swipe, but A) Apparently this is not bulletproof on all platforms (keep in mind this is a web page, not an application) and B) Some users simply dont get that "you must swipe to navigate". Therefore, we have buttons also ...
alexhenes wrote:4. Sometimes the screen just goes black. Some examples include...

a. When I swipe to advance the picture. The screen goes black instead of getting next image.
b. When I select a folder. The screen goes black instead of loading the thumbnails.
This I have not experienced, and could not see any samples ... What platform is this?
alexhenes wrote:5. When I click on a deep link url from an email I get an message that reads... "Error Loading Page". The url I am using is...

http://www.merelyafleshwound.com/#/kaya ... e%20creek/

The url works on a PC.

Deep link urls from an email are very important to me because I email deep links to folders and people click on them from their phones and tabs.
Will look into this ...
alexhenes wrote:6. When I use my fingers to zoom into the picture then move the picture around... it doesn't work very well. The image moves to weird places on the screen. It is hard to get the image back to where it should be. Can't move the picture around when it is zoomed. Sometimes it goes to the next image instead of zooming. Sometimes it locks up on an image.
You must be viewing a cached version, because we removed the option to pinch, simply because it is not compatible with the photo swipe setup. If we were making an APP, obviously this pinch and zoom stuff would be simpler. But we are not, and this is javascript trying to emulate swipe on touch screen devices.
alexhenes wrote:7. When I attempt to share to facebook I get a facebook login screen that is in French. Would like the English page.
This you need to contact Facebook about. We certainly dont call up any French page, so either there is a bug at facebook, or for some reason they think your device, ISP or network is to be shown a French version.
alexhenes wrote:1. In landscape mode the touch on the picture to bring up caption and file name is inconsistent. Sometimes it works and sometimes nothing happens. Have to touch the picture 4-5 times to get the caption to come up.
I tries this and can confirm that it skips clicks here and there on Android, but not that often. We will work with these issues ...
alexhenes wrote:2. Seems to behave better in portrait mode vs. landscape mode. Landscape is most common for tabs... portrait most common for phones.
This is simply because of the nature of the mobile version, that all menus and data list vertically. Technically, there is no different in the interaction between the two orientations. Thanks for feedback!
sebster4 wrote:Deep links don't work. Whenever I try to open a deep link to one of my pages I get an error - the page doesn't come up at all.
I believe we are looking into this ...
sebster4 wrote:Many times the wrong thumbnails are being shown in the thumbnail view (usually thumbnails from another folder). When you click on the thumbnail the correct picture is being shown. That's a strange error, seems to be an issue with caching or something, I don't know, but it happens very often on my iPad2. I already cleared the cache of Safari, but it didn't help.
This I have neither experienced or heard of. Is this your own gallery or beta gallery? Do you have a link?
sebster4 wrote:One feature request I do have because I got used to it on the iPad from other tools and apps (e.g. the 500px iPad app):
When you want to leave the full screen view this should not only be possible with the back button (actually you have to press two times, one time to see the button and then one more time to get back to the thumbnails view) but also using the "two fingers technique" to zoom out - would be great if you could add that!
Yea that sounds cool, thanks for the tip. We may have to consider these things later though, because its a but of a headache working with "swipe" in javascript. The 500px iPad app? I assume this is an app, so they have full control over swiping features.
alexhenes wrote:1. Although I have the thumbnail columns set to 3... every now and then I will get 6... with super small thumbnails. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not... but I changed the thumbnail size and the size of the thumbnail area on my Flash site since loading 2.8.
This is because it create double rows of thumbnails on large screens that support it. What platform is this you are using? For example, on iPad it shows 6 rows if default is set to 3. This simply looks better.
alexhenes wrote:2. On my site I have a number of menu items that are links to pdf documents. The open on the flash site but gt a Not Found The requested URL /content/pdf/content/pdf/golbal telephoney article.pdf was not found. In this message the path to the file is incorrect... lists content/pdf twice. The link to the file is as follows:

http://www.merelyafleshwound.com/conten ... rticle.pdf
Will check, thanks.
alexhenes wrote:3. On the main page the area that I would think represent the toolbar title displays the name of my site... which gets truncated. It would be nice if the main page was consistent with the deeper page and displayed the value of toolbar title here.
It does get truncated if it is too long, yes ... I am not sure how it is not consistent with deeper page viewing. Startpage shows your title, while sub pages shows your folder titles. You prefer it to display something else on the startpage?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

14 May 2012, 07:57

1abild wrote:Nick, I figured out the culprit: my php.ini had short_open_tag set to 'off'. Setting it to 'on' solved the unexpected T_ENDFOREACH.
alexhenes wrote:I had the same error... and changed short_open_tag set to 'on' ... works perfectly now... nice find Franz... I never would have known :-)
Sorry about that, our bad, new beta update fixes this. I don't know why this option even exists in PHP, hope it will be removed in PHP6.
firedev.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

14 May 2012, 08:01

Beta update

Just a quick update with a few fixes and improvements:
  • Syntax error if short tags are disabled in PHP
  • Fatal error: Declaration of Imagick::__construct() must be compatible
  • Contact form translates itself in HTML and Mobile galleries
  • Duplicate Languages in admin
  • Fix for image paths in flash
firedev.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

14 May 2012, 08:08

grimurnet wrote:my theme doesn't work in 2.8 beta. I copied the folder from 2.7 version into iv-config/themes folder, but it doesn't work.
Normally Imagevue should move your custom theme folder to iv-config/themes folder, and also move iv-config/yourtheme/themeConfig.xml to iv-config/themes/yourtheme/config.xml. Or you can do it manually.

Some of decisions we made back then were not very stellar, plus we had to keep Imagevue PHP4 compatible, so we couldn't do anything advanced. Now we're gradually straightening it out.
firedev.com

dirceulima

14 May 2012, 08:55

hi
great job! and about watermark? will work with mobile version too?

thanks

TobseEgg

14 May 2012, 09:28

Hi,
first of all: Great release!

I had two issues:

1. In the main menu i had a link (asfunction:_root.togglefullscreenfunc) to toggle Fullscreen in flash-gallery. When it was unhidden via iv-admin i was not able to enter image-folders. When i switched it to "hide" everything works perfectly.

2. I sent the Gallery to the homescreen of my iPad1 (via safari) to see the gallery "fullscreen". To enter a directory i have to click the choosen link twice. ( It doesn't matter if the first click is on an other link/folder. Only the second link influences the target. )

If these issues were reported earlier this thread, sorry for that ;)

Thanks!