Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: hide "imagevuex.php" in Sharing link

04 Feb 2013, 03:05

Sorry that we don't have this functionality out-of-the-box, but you can copy imagevue.php to i.php (so you have 2 files) and edit the share template so it is using i.php instead.
firedev.com

musicgod91

11 Apr 2013, 06:46

Hello !
Nick ,I folow yours instruction to change the imagevue.php from share link to another but unfortunately when I share the link it was remained the same ...
Here's the steps that I did :
I duplicated the imagevue.php and named the file test.php , i also go to iv-includes/templates/default/index.share.phtml and edit the code to this :
Code
<meta property="og:url" content="<?php echo htmlspecialchars(pageURL() . 'test.php?share=/' . $this->item->getPrimary()); ?>" />
but nothing has changed... i am doing something wrong ?
look at this :
https://imageshack.us/a/img688/7751/111ukd.jpg
....And another thing, do not know why, but when i share on facebook (a picture o a vide or anything else ) it shows me only the link without thumbnail …..you can see that too ,on abuve picture.
( Your teammate mjau-mjau , said that Facebook caches page-content so it wont change Immediately, but I did this changes 2 days ago , and today stell nothing has changed )
Ps : i am using localhost !!!

And another thing, I know it is not the right section for this question but if it is possible to answer me so I do not need to create a new post would be great .
My question is related to Powerpack module .
I created a stand alone folder in menu for news module , so I no longer need the button of news on right top corner . My question is : how do I remove / hide the button for news ( on top right corner ) without disabling the module ?
Thanks in advance !
Ps: I repeat that i am using LOCALHOST so unfortunately i cant provide any link to my website , I can only send specific files from website content if it will be needed , and if there will be no another solution to solve these problems.
Best Regards !

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

11 Apr 2013, 09:32

It won't work on the localhost. Facebook can't read the page on your local computer, it won't be able to show any thumbnails nor parse og:url data. You need to test this on server.

Sorry, I can't answer the question about PowerPack, you should post it in the PowerPack forum viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6947

This is a 3rd party extension and I have very limited knowledge about its settings.
firedev.com

musicgod91

11 Apr 2013, 12:37

I understand ... I hope that when I will upload the site on a server will solve this problem with thumbnails ...
but the problem related to the link description (imagevue.php) , the same is because i use localhost? it will solve too when i will uploaded on a server ?

thank for your answer .

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Apr 2013, 13:30

Yes, the problem with link description will also be solved when you upload to real server. Imagevue does not SEND this data to Facebook when sharing ... Instead, Facebook checks the link in real time, and gets title, description and thumbnails from the server. If you are sharing localhost, it cannot access the server, and therefore it cannot find neither title, description or thumbnail.