Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

papaD
Topic Author

Space after global and startpage images

12 Apr 2013, 03:32

Hi guys!
First, the work you've done is awesome on the mobile applications. Excellent!

I did notice that when I added the images, there was a gap between the top (global) image and the bottom (startpage) image. I did a search to find if you posted a solution in the forums but didn't find anything. But I did find a solution online that might help if someone mentions this.

I have the 3rd gen iPad and it came up as this:
gap.jpg
notice the space below each image resulting in a gap between
gap.jpg (60.44 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
I found the issue in your imagevue.mobile.css here:
Code
.heading img, .welcome img { width: 100%; }
and changed it to this by adding display: block; :
Code
.heading img, .welcome img { width: 100%; display: block;}
And ended with this:
fixed.jpg
spacing gone.
fixed.jpg (60.74 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
I hope this helps in the future. I also noticed in the lines beneath it:
Code
.heading>a, .welcome>a { display: block; line-height: 0; }
.heading>div, .welcome>div {margin: 15px;}
Were the > intentional? I took them out on mine.

D

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Space after global and startpage images

12 Apr 2013, 12:15

I am not sure how or why you see those spaces, because neither our demo gallery or our other users1 galleries display this artifact, not on mobile and not when testing through a browser.

Also checked in our user galleries
https://www.photo.gallery/imagevue/user-galleries/

I would assume there must have been some orphan space or character in the code you added for these images, because it is not default in the mobile gallery clearly. We test these things properly, and so do most clients using the same mobile gallery.
papaD wrote:Were the > intentional? I took them out on mine.
Yes they are intentional. It is CSS3 meant for modern browsers, which includes mobile browsers. ">" means to correctly limit the class to only apply to the first child of the parent element.

papaD
Topic Author

12 Apr 2013, 12:47

Cool. I didn't know that about CSS3. I'll put them back in. Man, I learn something new everyday! :D
I would assume there must have been some orphan space or character in the code you added for these images, because it is not default in the mobile gallery clearly.
I wondered that too and entered it several times to make sure. Isn't this correct?
Screen Shot 2013-04-12 at 09.22.31.png
how it's entered
Screen Shot 2013-04-12 at 09.22.31.png (6.21 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
...because it is not default in the mobile gallery clearly. We test these things properly, and so do most clients using the same mobile gallery.
I'm not questioning your methods or if you were doing them. I was just stating a valid issue I was having and this seemed to be the fix. Just trying to help and save you guys some work if anyone else had the issue.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Apr 2013, 11:50

papaD wrote:I wondered that too and entered it several times to make sure. Isn't this correct?
Yes it is. I don't know what was/is the problem, maybe your server is adding some space on output or something, but it is not generally required to change any CSS, as the default release shows.

papaD
Topic Author

16 Apr 2013, 22:28

I really have no idea either. But thanks!
All of you are doing fantastic work. Kudos!