Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

dandvan
Topic Author

Clickable Front Page Image

18 Jan 2009, 11:03

I've had people reviewing my website at www.impressionoflight.com and got a suggestion that I thought was a good one. On the front page image (the imagevue one, not my splash screen), it would be nice to be able to click on the front page image (just in case they don't find the menu in the upper left). It could be a configurable option in the administrator login as to which image gallery it poped into after clicking on it.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Jan 2009, 01:05

You can already do that:

# Go to admin -> manage, and navigate to your start folder where you have the startimage. This is set up as the "photoblinds" module, and in the right panels there is a field "parameters". Add the text:
Code
click=#/content/folder/
If there is already some text there, just use the & character to append the above code at the end... Also, you must change /content/folder/ to the actual folder path where you want it to go when clicking!

dandvan
Topic Author

19 Jan 2009, 12:33

right on! Thanks. This thing is so feature rich, it's hard to find them all!!!

Thanks again.

dandvan
Topic Author

19 Jan 2009, 12:48

OK...so...I did that, and it goes to the gallery, but the thumbnails aren't there. they are when I go from the menu though...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Jan 2009, 21:39

dandvan wrote:OK...so...I did that, and it goes to the gallery, but the thumbnails aren't there. they are when I go from the menu though...
you have:
Code
#/content/Landscapes
it should be:
Code
#/content/Landscapes/

dandvan
Topic Author

19 Jan 2009, 22:01

Thanks...for someone who pretends to know what he's doing....I can be pretty lame sometimes!

jay2

29 Apr 2009, 19:25

just saw this.. can this link be poped up to another website? rather linked internally only?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 May 2009, 06:15

jay2 wrote:just saw this.. can this link be poped up to another website? rather linked internally only?
Yes, you should be able to do:
Code
click=https://www.photo.gallery
or
Code
click=https://www.photo.gallery*_blank
(to open in a blank window)

Verovi

20 Aug 2009, 11:08

Hello.

Can you also have the start image on click - go to full screen mode?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Aug 2009, 12:25

Verovi wrote:Hello.

Can you also have the start image on click - go to full screen mode?
Yes, try this:
Code
<a href="asfunction:_root.togglefullscreenfunc">Toggle full-screen</a> 
As outlined here:
viewtopic.php?t=4173

Verovi

20 Aug 2009, 12:42

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response.
That didn't work for me however, here is the exact setup.

I have my start folder
Use as file Mod
File mod: photoblinds
Parameters:title=my portfolio&click=#/content/AirNewZealand/

So its doing everything i want it to, except i want the image when clicked to go to airnewzealand& open in full screen at the same time

Is that possible?

Thankyou

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Aug 2009, 04:29

you cant do 2 actions at the same time through the click parameter. Eitehr you can go to a folder, or you can go fullscreen. If you check the demo gallery, www.photo.gallery/soda/, you will see we have a link above the image that goes fullscreen, while clicking the image goes to first gallery.

Not sure why your click link to album is not working, as I posted in your other topic. If you want it to go fullscreen though, you need to set "click=togglefullscreen"

WI_River

21 Aug 2009, 16:02

I noticed that clicking on the filemod at www.photo.gallery/soda/ , using IE8, still does not work. Can you confirm where we are on that issue. I know there is a new method to handle internal links in text pages. I have not been able to get internal links to work by clicking on filemods or by using link pages, using IE8. It does work on Firefox. Will this be addressed in the next update ... or am I missing something?

great software ... great forum
Mark L.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Aug 2009, 07:17

I believe you are right, I just havent been able to do much research on this since I am generally working from a mac. I will be looking to solve this issue in a minor release coming within two weeks...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Sep 2009, 07:58

WI_River wrote:I noticed that clicking on the filemod at www.photo.gallery/soda/ , using IE8, still does not work. Can you confirm where we are on that issue. I know there is a new method to handle internal links in text pages. I have not been able to get internal links to work by clicking on filemods or by using link pages, using IE8. It does work on Firefox. Will this be addressed in the next update ... or am I missing something?
This issue is now fixed - Internal links, will now work in IE8 when using the "click" parameter for filemods. This fix will be available in an update coming very very soon.

To further outline the technical side of this:
"Internal links" (f.ex #/content/path/), are now converted on-the-fly in flash to use an internal method for linking. This means it no longer depends on the SWFAddress javascript module for internal linking, which was the cause of the problems in IE8 in the first place. Not only does this fix the bug for IE8, but it allows internal linking to work even if the SWFAddress javascript is not enabled for any reason.

So just to settle any misunderstandings - You still continue to use the same methods for linking as before. In textpages:
Code
<a href="#/content/folder/">text</a>
<a href="#/content/folder/file.jpg">text</a>
... and in filemods:
Code
link=#/content/folder/
link=#/content/folder/file.jpg
However, if you need to add internal links to plain image descriptions or even a title for some reason, you will need to use the method explained in the link below, to avoid issues with IE8:
viewtopic.php?t=5348